Montgomery County Information...
Montgomery County Volunteer Contact List (actual phones, actual people)
Montgomery County Blueprint for building a community
Other links that may be helpful:
- The Savvy Senior - useful columns collected by a Huffington Post contributor
- Northwest Neighbors Village • newsletter
- Naturally Occurring Retirement Communities
Ride Smart - A FREE public transportation travel training program for ages 50+
Montgomery County Transportation Network Directory
Montgomery County DHHS Senior Services
Montgomery County DHHS Senior Services/Villages
Montgomery County Senior Site
Montgomery County Website for Seniors
Montgomery County Seniors Today - archive of television shows with information of interest to Montgomery County seniors
Aging in Place Committee - study of Senior Villages in Montgomery County
File of Life Program - The File of Life packet enables Montgomery County Fire and Rescue personnel to obtain a quick and accurate medical history when a patient or family member is unable to offer one. Click on the link in the website to print a version that you can complete and put on your refrigerator.
Reporting Fraud and Scams:
If you have received phone calls purportedly from an IRS agent saying you owe taxes, contact the Treasury Department:
If you know you don’t owe taxes or have no reason to believe that you do, report the incident to the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA) at 1.800.366.4484 or at https://www.treasury.gov/tigta/. If you have caller ID, give the TIGTA people the scammer's phone number.
If you think you've been scammed, read this article, then call the Fraud Hotlines listed below.
- The FTC: 877-382-4357 - they are keeping detailed records and trying to find the perpetrators.
- The U.S. Senate Special Commission on Aging Fraud Hotline: 855-303-9470 - they're trying to enact some form of legislation to stop or slow down these types of calls.
- Homeland Security Tip Line: 866-347-2423 (option 9) - they too will investigate.
- If money actually changes hands, the Montgomery County Fraud Division: 301-279-8000 - they'll investigate if an actual crime occurs.
Click here for a list of helpful consumer protection resource phone numbers if you suspect an attempt to defraud or scam you
Thank you to CC@Home for providing some of the links found on this page